Make in India Week at Mumbai from Feb 13-Feb 18, 2016
The Government of India is organizing a landmark event called the “Make in India Week” in Mumbai from Feb 13-Feb 18, 2016. Honorable Prime Minister of India would inaugurate the event on 13th February, 2016.
The Make in India Week would showcase the people, policies and partnerships that are driving India’s new manufacturing revolution. Set against the vibrant backdrop of India’s commercial capital – Mumbai, this week long calendar would offer unprecedented access, insights and opportunities to connect and collaborate with India and global Industry leaders/visionaries, academicians, central and state administrations.
The theme of the weeklong event would be innovation, design, advanced manufacturing and sustainability. A number of events have been planned around this theme on the larger canvas of manufacturing. Full details are available on www.makeinindia.com
The ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government has made a tremendous impact on the investment climate of the country, as shown by significant growth of overall Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). FDI inflows into India have grown by around 40% as compared to FDI inflow declining by 16% across the world. This positive trend has been reaffirmed by several recent studies.
- India – No.1 attractive investment destination globally – Ernest & Young (E&Y)
- India ranked No.1 amongst the world’s fastest growing economics – (International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- India ranked NO.1 as Greenfield Foreign Direct Investment destination (January-June 2015) – Financial Times, UK
- India ranked No.1 amongst 100 countries on Growth, Innovation and Leadership Index – Frost & Sullivan
- India ranked No.1 amongst the world’s topmost investment destinations from 110- countries polled – Foreign Policy Magazine.
Participation is solicited from the highest level from the South Sudan Government leadership, top industry leaders, decision makers, potential investors and public sector officials from South Sudan to participate in ‘Make in India Week’ to witness and be part of the ‘Manufacturing Growth Story of India’ and identify further investment opportunities for mutual benefit.
In case of any query please feel free to reach out to:
Mr. Atul Chaturvedi, Joint Secretary – Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion DIPP, Ministry of Commerce; Govt of India, New Delhi
E-mail ID: email@example.com Tel: +91 11 23062983 Fax: +91 11 23061034